Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Watercolor . Blues






Dress and Belt: Vintage
Bracelet: Antique Store find
Shoes: Fendi

This dress came from an estate sale that I went to, maybe a year ago or so (more??). It was hard won for two reasons: 1) the estate had piles of clothes placed all about the house, most of which were not great, so, lots of digging for things; and 2) I had to deal with what we'll term "an estate sale troll" to get things.

Most people at estate sales are perfectly nice - focused, but nice. Except there are some people who clearly missed the polite boat. They're kind of sour, very pushy, and rude, rude, rude.

The "troll" at this particular sale literally shoved herself in front of the place I was looking on a rack, didn't even say "excuse me," or "can I look here too?" and then later, as I was paying, started going through my pile and said she'd take some things if I didn't want them. I guess at least the second time it was a question?!?!

Pretty Little Thought for the Day: A little civility goes a very, very long way!

2 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Ooo, look at those shoes!

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

I have been to many sales - and I'm pretty sure I recognize that lady! Love the dress!