Saturday, May 16, 2009

Found . It! {+ updates!}

So after spending two days searching Google with the most ridiculous combination of keywords, I found the green leafy wallpapaper!! It's an Osborne & Little pattern called "Davidia," and I've ordered a sample from the UK-based, i.e...wallpaper, so hopefully it will be here shortly!

And the big update: we closed on the house yesterday morning!!

We've got one and a half months before we need to be out of our current rental, so we've got plenty of time to get projects started & completed!

Thankfully the house has gorgeous wood floors:



...and an amazing garden that includes Wisteria, Clematis, Lilac, a Japanese Maple, Witches' Cane, Sage, Rose, and loads more! (This also intimidates me a little, as I'm not much of a gardener - though there's no time to learn like the present!). The wisteria that's wound around the back arbor also came with a lovely little surprise:



...a mother robin and her tiny baby birds! They're right outside the kitchen window, so we'll get to peek at them every day!

The house did also come with some unfortunate paint colors:



...which means LOTS of primer and paint, but I'm excited to actually be able to do whatever I want to these rooms!

I'll keep everyone updated and post loads more pictures, including some of the flowers in the garden as they bloom!

Happy Saturday!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

O my goodness what an amazing feeling it must be to finally find your home! That trippy curvy green and white paint is pretty funny. But there's nothing more gorgeous than wood floors, I agree. With lots of rugs.

drollgirl said...

i am so glad you found that wallpaper -- it is amazing!

and i love your place, especially those gorgeous hardwood floors.

you must be so excited. ack! it will be so great to be a homeowner. lucky you!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I'm so happy for you!!! This is such an exciting time in your life. I can't wait to see the room makeovers and pictures of the garden. I cannot live with carpet anymore. I've ripped it out of 5 houses that we've bought and refinished the hardwoods. I can't ever go back. The look of the wood floors is so warm and really goes with any design style.

CarolAnne - camdesign said...

Congrats, on the closing of the new house...we bought our condo last summer, it's great when you can do anything you want...
primer and paint is the least expensive part of design...I tell all my clients area rugs, fabric, before paint...always pull the color of the paint from something...so pull your ideas together first then pick the paint...if you must paint first then only primer for now...it cleans up the slate for now...
Now get in there and do scale drawings of each room and work out your space planning, I had mine worked out 2 hours after we saw it for the first time, then I new what would fit and what I had to sell and give away...my girls got lots of furniture...if I can be of any help from here just email me...
I space plan rooms everyday
Regards, Carol Ann

CarolAnne - camdesign said...

Oh my I just saw the wallpaper online...fab fab fab
Great to get a piece, helps with your idea board to get started on the room its going into...
Regards, Carol Ann

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Take a look at those floors! I am an addict for hardwood floors...they make everything so homey. Congrats on the house...it will be fun to see the updates.
I tagged you so play along if you'd like..be fun to read your evers and nevers!

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!! i just moved into a house too, it is my dream home and i'm so happy! hope yours works out for you very well!

Keeley said...

Hey hun! I gave you an award because you are fantastic! Stop by my blog to pick it up. And I hope all is wonderful in your world!

Xoxo

Doshii said...

Congratulations!

your photos are amazing. The house looks so warm and lively!! great blog

kadler said...

Congratulations!! I love the new place. Those floors are definitely drool-worthy. Can't wait to see the wallpaper, either.

Anonymous said...

What a great house! Love it! Congrats!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Congrats!! And the floors are beautiful!!