Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pretty . Little . Wedding . Cakes

As pretty as they are, I can't see my fiance and me spending two or three thousand on a wedding cake. I know that for some people this is the right thing to do, but I can't stop looking at it like, "We can have an amazing cake" or "We can go on a really fabulous vacation." As much as I like cake, it doesn't win when I think of it that way. And since they're so lovely, there's a good chance I'd cry or have some kind of breakdown when someone cut into it -- not something that would be ideal during the reception.

However...I still make jealous eyes when I see really beautifully made wedding cakes. They are, in so many ways, perfection...albeit edible perfection!


Lovin Sullivan Cakes

Got a sweet tooth just from looking but no wedding to plan? Try this pretty little dessert from Real Simple:


Raspberry S'Mores

6 comments:

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

wow that cake is so beautiful!

Project Ecoart said...

All I have to say is Y-U-M!

Anonymous said...

the little flowers on the cake are so perfect!

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about the cake when I was getting married---there are so many beautiful ones out there, but it was much more important to me that the rest of the menu, not to mention the flowers and the music at the reception, were really spot on. So in the end, the cake was sort of an afterthought and we didn't even stop the party to make everyone watch us cut it! It's all about priorities...and a nice vacation sounds like a pretty good priority indeed!

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oh my goodness - that cake is divine... but those raspberry smores look DEEEElish!! (and I agree with you and citysage... so much better to spend the money elsewhere. but it IS fun to look, isn't it?)

Quail said...

I want to stick my face into that smore!