Thursday, June 5, 2008

unconventional . wedding

After getting engaged over the past Christmas holiday, people seem to imagine that I could now only ever possibly think about wedding things. With the exception of a few close friends, the first question out of everyone's mouth is: so, how is the wedding planning coming?

This is always followed by looks of disappointment as I tell them that, "I haven't really thought about it yet."

I was, quite simply, not born with "the wedding gene." Thinking about table settings, menus, guest lists, etc. - doesn't really interest me. It's a bit off-putting that all women are expected to have certain ideas/plans when it comes to weddings, and people are actually disappointed - even sorry?? - when we don't.

I would much rather scoop up a handful (four, at the most) of close friends, go someplace warm and islandy for a week, have a great time, and at some point during that week, get married.

So for my somewhat unconventional wedding, I've scoped out a few unconventional wedding dress ideas...

Dolce & Gabbana:


Roberto Cavalli:


Chanel:

1 comment:

AMM blog said...

I like the dress from Chanel. This is only my opinion but it still has a soft feminine look reminiscent of a wedding dress without looking like a wedding dress at all. The flowers are gorgeous!