Monday, May 5, 2008

style. inspiration.

Last night one of my favorite movies (that was made from one of my favorite books, written by one of my favorite authors) was on HBO: Fight Club. While two hours of staring at Brad Pitt's abs is reason for sitting through pretty much anything, what I really adore about FC is that it's a quite clever critique of an overly capitalistic, consumer-driven society - and it's damn entertaing too!

(And yes, I'm well aware of the irony in cheering on a film about the downfall of capitalism in a blog about fashion.)

So why this entry then, you might wonder? Marla. Singer. Possibly the literary character whom I adore most. While she has a fashion sense that some might call tragic, I'm to disagree, and share two "Marla inspired" looks for today's post:

(1)Dress, WearItsAtVintage,eBay


(2)
Vintage black micro-mini, DressMe-Vintage, eBay; oversized black sunglasses, Urban Outfitters; oversized vintage black hat, CSTLouis eBay



No comments: